* Cape Wine 2015 has been billed as a ‘revelatory‘ event, and will be a ‘multi-media look at the South African wine industry today’. The showcase of our country’s wine industry, to be held at the Cape Town International Convention Centre from 15 – 17 September, Cape Wine 2015 will also host a series of workshops and events, making it the largest wine show ever hosted in the Southern Hemisphere. (received via media release from De Kock Communications)
* After a number of delays, Air China is to commence its direct flights between Beijing and Johannesburg on 29 October, with three flights per week.
* The total number of Airbnb listings in South Africa, at 9400 ( a higher number in terms of rooms), is close to the size of our country’s largest hotel group Tsogo Sun’s 13000 odd rooms, becoming a threat to the formal accommodation industry!
* The Department of Environmental Affairs has lamented the ban by international airlines on transporting hunting trophies, it impacting on our country’s economy. The Department states that hunting taking place ‘under regulated and coordinated conditions’ enhances the income of locals living in rural areas. The ban should only relate to illegal hunting, it pleads.
* The House of JC Le Roux has launched a new sweet-and-savoury pairing menu for the tasting of its MCCs, including chocolate millionaire shortbread with fudge, mojito meringue, butternut meringue, and dried fig coated with fudge. (received via media release from GC Communications)