* NATIVE Media has launched a full-channel media service, that goes beyond the traditional ad agency media channels, to start with digital channels and building traditional channels on top of that. The media planning and buying service will be headed up by Gordon Muller and Trish Guildford.
* The growth in Airbnb could lead to a reduction in hotel rates, as its lower rates increases its popularity, at the expense of hotel custom. Merrill Lynch analysts predict that ‘Airbnb is a force to be reckoned with that it is likely to have an increasing impact on the travel landscape’.
* The Mercury Wine Week is running at the Suncoast Casino in Durban, with 5500 wine lovers expected to visit the wine exhibition, with 100 wine estates on show until Saturday evening. Creation, Stellenbosch Vineyards, and Delheim will offer presentations. Entrance costs R120.
* The MyCiTi Bus is offering free rides between its Lower Tafelberg bus stop at the top of Kloofnek Road and the lower Cableway station, to reduce the traffic pressure at the traffic circle at the Table Mountain Cableway turn-off. The free rides apply from 7h00 – 19h00 in summer, and 7h30 – 18h30 in winter.
* The winners of the Alchemy Best Home Cooked Burger Competition will be announced after a cook-off held at Hartenberg on 24 September. The winning burger will be added to Hartenberg’s Taste at Hartenberg menu. Entrance costs R150 for two burgers and two glasses of Alchemy wine. (received via media release from On The Marque PR & Communications)