* Chef Luke Dale-Roberts of The Test Kitchen has traveled to London, to attend the World’s 50 Best Restaurants Awards, which will be awarded tonight. It is a sure sign that he will win a Top 50 world restaurant ranking. (received via media release from Manley Communications)
* Chef Dylan Laity of The Roundhouse is the guest chef at the secret [spasie] dinner held tonight and tomorrow night at 97 Church Street in Bo-Kaap. His 4-course dinner costs R650, which includes wines. (Received via e-mail from [spasie])
* Fleur du Cap has shone at the 2015 Old Mutual Trophy Wine Show, having been named Best Red Overall, and Best Shiraz for its Bergkelder Selection Shiraz 2013. More than 1000 entries were received for a competition evaluated by international judges too. The wine costs R79. (received via media release from GC Communications)
* Groot Constantia won a Gold Quality Award for its Grand Constance 2012 at the 2015 Monde Selection International Wine Contest, which is judged by a panel of 70. (received via media release from Groot Constantia.
* A clever Uber promotion was UberBUS, which allowed one to travel on a party bus with Jack Parow, the bus having left Parow on Saturday, and traveling to Durbanville, and Stellenbosch, on to an after-party at Aandklas. (received via media release from Uber)