* SA Tourism is going on another India Road Show this year, visiting Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and New Dehli in February. Franschhoek Wine Valley and Paarl & Wellington Tourism are some of the local Road Show participants. India Country Manager for SA Tourism Hanneli Slabber said that some 24000 tourists from India visited our country between January and March last year.
* ‘Rear seat kickers’ are the worst type of passengers on an airplane, an Expedia Airplane Etiquette Study has found! Other annoying passengers are inattentive parents, ‘aromatic passenger’, ‘audio insensitive’, and ‘boozer’!
* Qantas is the world’s safest airline, out of a total of 449, included in the latest Top 10 AirlineRatings.com safe airlines list, which also includes Air New Zealand, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Emirates, Etihad Airways, EVA Air, Finnair, Lufthansa, and Singapore Airlines. The top 10 safest low-cost airlines (including one local South African) are Aer Lingus, Alaska Airlines, Icelandair, Jetblue, Jetstar, Kulula.com, Monarch Airlines, Thomas Cook, TUI Fly, and Westjet. The lowest rated (1 star) airlines on safety are Kam Air, Nepal Airlines, Scat, and Tara Air.
* Dirty rooms, uncomfortable beds, and poor service with inexperienced staff are the top three complaints guests have of hotels.
* Australian winery Tyrrell’s is spraying its grapes with a sunscreen solution, the current summer being one of the hottest on record, to prevent their grapes from shriveling in the 45ºC heat.