* The Western Cape government is calling for nominations for the 2015 Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards, to recognize the province’s top entrepreneurs.
* Starbucks has announced that it is to open outlets across our country in the first half of next year, having signed an agreement with Taste Holdings, reports Business Day. Internationally there are 22000 Starbucks stores.
* Close to 40 international hotel chains are represented in Africa, operating a total of 18565 rooms, reports Travel News Weekly. Radisson Blu is the largest operator, with more than 5000 rooms, and Hilton following closely in second place at just fewer than 5000 rooms. Marriot is in third place with 2316 rooms. Greatest growth in hotel rooms is in Nigeria, followed by Egypt, and Morocco.
* Leopard’s Leap and the Open Book Literary Festival are celebrating the fifth year of their collaboration with a wine label design competition to reflect the marriage of art, literature, and wine. The winner will receive R20000, 12 cases of wine with the winning label, attendance at the Open Book Festival, and Social Media coverage. Entries close on 3 August. (received via media release from Amplicon PR).
* The MyCiTi Bus service in Cape Town is celebrating its fifth anniversary, and is thanking its passengers for their support, in an advertisement in the local freesheet newspapers, as well as a wrap-around! In its period of operation it has developed 30 routes, and serviced 27 million passenger journeys. The next phase sees Mitchell’s Plain and Khayelitsha connected with Claremont and Wynberg.