* Eclectic Brands is set to list on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange later this month, a restaurant group consisting of an eclectic collection of restaurants, a deli, and a catering company: Burger Perfect, ChickinTyme, Giovanni’s Deliworld, Green Catering, Slug & Lettuce, and more.
* By the end of June, the City of Cape Town will be offering 61 free wifi hotspots in its public buildings, including the existing services in the Civic Centre, Hillstar, Plumstead, and Harare Library in Khayelitsha. A total of 69 exterior wifi spots are also available, including in Khayelitsha and Mitchell’s Plain.
* An evaluation of the ‘State of the Nation’ by ‘High Road Low Road’ Clem Sunter, Justice Malala, and reporter Stephen Grootes will be held in the Cape Town International Convention Centre on 12 May. Topics to be covered include Zuma’s future, Eskom and SARS, the rise of the DA and the EFF, the global economic outlook, and the Rand.
* Franschhoek is hosting a Wedding Showcase on 18 April at the Le Franschhoek Hotel. (received via e-mail from Franschhoek Wine Valley)
* Bruwer Raats’ Indaba Chenin Blanc 2014 is praised by a Florida wine writer for being a ‘crisp, easy sipping wine‘.
* SAA has amended its loyalty program, to reward its passengers more fairly. In the past the loyalty system gave points based on distance only, irrespective of the price paid for the ticket. Now the loyalty points will be jointly weighted with miles and and the airfare.