* ‘Madiba’s Journey’ is a new GPS-enabled App which allows one to follow in the footsteps of the late Nelson Mandela, directing one to sites associated with one of our country’s greatest leaders. The App was designed for SA Tourism and the Nelson Mandela Foundation.
* An Australian blind tasting of red wines under screw cap and cork by international wine judges has ‘voted in favour of the expressions aged under screwcap, a particularly impactful result to occur on Italian soil, where this closure was until recently banned from use in many of the country’s most prestigious wines such as Brunello di Montalcino, and still remains controversial’. Australian winemakers are increasingly using screwcaps on their wine bottles. The tasting proved the alleged inferiority of screwcaps to be incorrect.
* Uber is celebrating Easter with an Easter Egg Hunt inside a number of its UberBLACK vehicles on Easter Sunday. Two passengers could win a Golden Ticket inside their ride, giving them Uber credits to the value of R1000. (received via media release from Uber)
* Boschendal Chardonnay Reserve Collection 2012 has been added to the SWISS airline summer 2015 First Class wine list, one of only four South African wines that were selected. (received via the Franschhoek Wine Valley newsletter)
* Grande Provence is hosting its first Wine and Dine Collaboration this year on 17 April, with a focus on Chardonnay, those from Grande Provence, Lismore, Jordan, and De Wetshof paired with a 6-course dinner prepared by Chef Darren Badenhorst. (received via e-mail from Grande Provence)