* Chef Roger Jones of Michelin star restaurant The Harrow in Little Bedwyn in the UK, is set to pop-in and pop-up at a number of dining events in the Cape in January next year. He will be seen in action at the Vineyard Hotel on 9 January, offering a 6-course dinner with a South African and Australian premium wine pairing. He will also be at 96 Winery Road with Ken Forrester and other top local winemakers, and is doing a ‘foraging dinner’ with Adi Badenhorst. The chef is known for his wine knowledge as well as cooking skills.
* Low-cost Condor airline will increase it direct flights between Cape Town and Frankfurt from two to three a week from 6 November.
* Wesgro and Cape Town NPC, the company organising World Design Capital 2014 for Cape Town, will present Cape Town’s design industry at 2014 Vienna Design Week from 26 September – 5 October. Local designer Heath Nash will represent Cape Town design at the ‘South meets North: Local Innovation Global Conversation‘ exhibition. A reciprocal design exhibition will be held in Cape Town from 6 – 13 November, called ‘Design Discourse: Austria – South Africa‘. (received via media release from Wesgro)
* Uber is having fun tomorrow, celebrating Heritage Day with #UberFam, which allows one to win a musical performance by a band at one’s braai, in Cape Town, Durban, and Johannesburg! In Cape Town the Cape Minstrel Singers will provide the entertainment, in Johannesburg it is the Soweto Gospel Choir, and in Durban the Young Mbazo will entertain. Special performances will be held at the Red Cross Children’s Hospital, the Itlhokomeleng Association for the Aged and Disabled Persons, and the Graceland nursing home too, (received via media release from Uber)
* HQ is hosting a monthly Beer tasting in conjunction with The Beer Merchant, paired with beer-style foods. The first beer evening is on 8 October, and the theme is ‘Exploring German Beer Styles’, to celebrate Oktoberfest month! Three Weiss, Pilsner, and Dunkel beers each will be offered, with paired foods. Cost R200. (received via media release from Hype Media)
* Strandveld Vineyards is offering yellowtail and Springbok sosaties made by its winemaker Conrad Vlok, paired with its wines, at the 3rd Elim Wine & Food Celebration on 11 October. Entrance R75. Mountain bike races and a trail run are linked to the event too. (received via media release from GC Communications)