* The United Arab Emirates publication The National praises the culinary climax of the Cape (‘South Africa: cape of good grub‘), with its ‘laughable’ prices of tasting menus and meals at some of our top restaurants in Cape Town and the Winelands, including The Test Kitchen, The Pot Luck Club, Delaire Graff (they mistakenly refer to Indochine as ‘Asiate‘) Tokara, The Tasting Room, Bread & Wine, Pierneef à La Motte, and The Greenhouse!
* South African wines will be available to taste, at no charge, at the Asheville Wine Market in North Carolina. Wines offered are Ken Forrester Petit Chenin Blanc 2013, Sutherland Chardonnay 2010, Indaba Mosaic Red 2013, and Kanonkop Kadette 2011.
* Horst Frehse has been promoted to Executive Director of the Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa, with his role as General Manager taken over by Michael Nel. Frehse’s new job will entail sales promotion for the hotel as well as sister properties Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve and The Oyster Box. (received via media release from FIVE STAR PR)
* The golf course at the Arabella Hotel & Spa in Kleinmond has undergone a R10 million upgrade, including the redesign of seven holes.
* JC le Roux has launched a special gift pack for its La Valleé Rosé for Mother’s Day, only available at select Pick ‘n Pay stores and The House of JC le Roux during May at R85. (received via media release from GC Communications)
Chris von Ulmenstein, Whale Cottage Portfolio: www.whalecottage.com Twitter: @WhaleCottage