* AirBnB is increasing in popularity, and becoming a greater threat to hotels, especially as it is accepting hotel room listings at its attractive 3% commission compared to the norm of 15-25%, and because the guests are verified, reports MarketWatch!
* Reports speculate that the Formula One could be held in Cape Town as early as 2017, being dependent on the support of the City of Cape Town’s Tourism, Events, and Marketing Directorate. The route would include Beach Road, the V&A Waterfront, and the Cape Town Stadium, reports the Cape Argus.
* TripAdvisor has introduced a new Review Express Private Survey service, which sends feedback from the accommodation user direct to the establishment without it going public.
* TripAdvisor has announced that it is adding Airport Reviews, ratings, and accommodation close by. It has listed Changi airport in Singapore, and JF Kennedy and Heathrow airports will follow in July, reports Travel Weekly.
* Borage Bistro is hosting its first ever Food and Whisky pairing dinner tomorrow evening, teaming up with Compass Box Scotch whiskies. Cost R310. (Received via email from Borage Bistro)