* The Pinot Noir producers in the Hemel-en-Aarde Valley are hosting their second Hemel-en-Aarde Pinot Noir Celebration at Bona Dea Estate on 30 and 31 January, with only 150 tickets available for the event. The key-note dinner speaker will be Norman Hardie, regarded as Canada’s best Pinot Noir producer. (received via e-mail from Hamilton Russell Vineyards)
* South Africa has the lowest transport costs compared to 50 other countries, according to GoEuro’s Transportation Price Index. For air travel our country ranked third cheapest, while our costs of train travel ranked cheapest of all countries.
* Cape Town has been appointed for the second time as Official Host City for World Travel Market Africa, which will take place from 15 – 17 April 2015 in the Cape Town International Convention Centre.
* Stellenbosch is stretching Heritage Day into a whole month of celebration, its Heritage Month celebrating the history, taste and traditions of the winemaking and gourmet town, focusing on ‘local is lekker‘. Braai-ing will be the focus in September at Delheim, Hazendal, Hidden Valley, Dornier, Asara, Middelvlei, and Lanzerac. Spier is offering an Eerste River Challenge, paddling up the river to the wine estate, and is also offering a Gables Audio Walk, a fictional account of life on a wine farm in the 19th century. One can see cooperage practised at Van Ryn distillery. (received via media release from Random Hat Communications)
* Nederburg has launched a new ‘Great things are born of Passion’ advertising campaign, which communicates that passion is the brand’s most important ingredient. The passion of Nederburg staff in loving their jobs, and in building the brand as one of the most successful wine brands over more than 70 years, is demonstrated. The TV commercial features Cellar Master Razvan Macici, raising the bar of winemaking, and that of himself and his team. A Social Media campaign has also been launched to co-incide with Nederburg’s sponsorship of MasterChef SA, which includes videos of food and wine pairing, in which MasterChef SA judge Pete Goffe-Wood features. The brand will be sponsoring the 2014 Eat Out Rising Star Award. (received via media release from De Kock Communications)