* The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has introduced a customer protection program to allow stranded passengers flying to or from or within Europe to be guaranteed a flight back home in the case of the airline going bankrupt.
* The best-selling red wine in Sweden is South Africa’s Umbala, a Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, and Pinotage blend from Mare Magnum, while Zumbali Chenin Blanc box wine is a top seller too, reports Euromonitor International. The country’s wine sale grew by 2% last year, and value is important to Swedish wine drinkers. By 2018 wine sales are expected to grow by 6%.
* Two former South Africans and rugby players for Ulster, Ruan Pienaar and Robbie Diack, have launched Ballybosch Sauvignon Blanc and a non-vintage Ballybosch Red Blend of Malbec, Shiraz, and Cabernet Sauvignon in Northern Ireland, with Stellenbosch grapes. There is a family link to Brenaissance in Stellenbosch.
* J.C. le Roux is offering complimentary hand-made nougat when 2 bottles or more of JC le Roux Méthode Cap Classique, J.C. Le Roux La Vallée, or La Vallée Rosé are bought at The House of JC le Roux tasting centre. (received via media release from GC Communications)
* Fleur du Cap Unfiltered wines have updated their labels, the first change having been made to its Fleur du Cap Unfiltered Sauvignon Blanc 2014. The new label design features a ‘gold emblazoned cartouche that depicts the rich biodiversity of the Cape Floral Kingdom. Table Mountain and a carpet of vineyards are framed by an intricate tableau of birds, flowers, monkeys and insects. Even Bac0chus, the god of wine, makes an appearance in this Garden of Eden‘. (received via media release from GC Communications)