* ACSA is introducing new hand luggage regulations at its airports from Monday onwards, which are expected to cause check-in delays initially. If the hand luggage does not conform to regulations, it will have to be checked in. Each piece of hand luggage will now be weighed, not to exceed 7 kg. Passengers are allowed a handbag OR a ‘slim-line laptog bag‘. The carry-on bag dimensions may not exceed 36 cm x 23 cm x 56 cm.
* The petrol price will decrease by 93 cents a litre from Wednesday, dropping to below R10 a litre at the coast. The drastic drop is due to the drop in the crude oil price, and a weaker exchange rate.
* The Competitions Commission has blocked Tsogo Sun’s bid for 40% of GrandWest and Worcester casinos, a decision which will contested by Tsogo Sun and Sun International before the Competition Tribunal.
* Eikendal is hosting its Weintaufe Harvest Celebration on 1 March, celebrating its Chardonnay 2015 harvest. Visitors can taste a sample from the barrel with winemaker Nico Grobler. Food can be bought at the new restaurant on the estate, Cucina di Giovanni, while golf, tractor rides, cheetah viewing, and live music can also be enjoyed. Cost R40, including a glass and barrel tasting. (received via Random Hat Communications)
* The work of artist Arabella Caccia will be exhibited at the Grande Provence Gallery from 7 February onwards, with the theme of ‘Grootbos’, reflecting time she spent in an ancient milkwood forest. One of her works is 10 meters long. Artists Adriaan Diedericks and Ruan Huisamen will share the exhibition with her, opening a week later. (received via media release from GC Communications)