* Despite its promise of no more loadshedding in December, Eskom’s severe Stage 3 loadshedding kicked in on Friday, and continue this weekend, meaning twice-daily outages or more per day in most areas. Eskom says it is building up power reserves for the week ahead!
* Goldfish fans can win four tickets to their Submerged Sundays concert at Shimmy Beach Club tonight, and will be driven by the band’s Dominic Peters and David Poole to the show. To win, one needs to open the Uber app to book car between 16h00 – 18h00 today. (received via media release from Uber)
* Dornier has launched its first single variety Syrah 2013, available to buy from its The Wine Lounge. The grapes come from Stellenbosch, close to the ocean. Only 2800 bottles were made.
* Fleur du Cap is offering 3-course private Wine and Exotic Salt tastings at lunch or dinner prepared by Chef Craig Cormack at Die Bergkelder in Stellenbosch. Bookings can be made for 10 – 40 persons attending, at R350 per person. (received via media release from GC Communications)
* Brixton Dim Sum restaurant Courtesan in the UK is offering a winelist with wines paired to their dishes and made by female winemakers, a novel plus. ‘The project was devised to highlight the increasingly important role women are playing in the wine world at every level, from winemaker to estate owner‘, and wines stocked include Yealands Viognier 2012 made by Tamra Washington, Robert Mondavi Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon made by Genevieve Janssens, and Concha y Toro Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc made by Cecilia Torres.