* The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has recorded a 6% increase in air travel in June, relative to the same month a year ago. The increase is mainly coming from Asia and Europe.
* The MICE industry (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing, and Exhibitions) will see its growth curtailed in future due to staff shortages, and the new Generation Z’s lack of interpersonal skills!
* Preference should be given to tourist accommodation offering free wifi, so that the tourists can become ambassadors for our country in posting their experiences and photographs, becoming spokespersons for our country, says SA Tourism’s William Price.
* Haute Cabrière has released its Chardonnay Pinot Noir 2013 vintage, which Cellarmaster Takuan von Arnim describes as ‘one of the most balanced and elegant blends we have created’. (received via media release from Manley Communications)
* Chinese customs officials seized a container of white wines from Spain, due to the too high iron content of the wines.
* Cricketer Jonty Rhodes with SA Tourism has written and introduced a travel guide for the Indian market, entitled ‘My Travel Escapades in South Africa‘.
* Due to the magnificent summer weather, UK tourists are holidaying at home. Will this mean a poor summer for Cape Town?
Chris von Ulmenstein, Whale Cottage Portfolio: www.whalecottage.com Twitter: @WhaleCottage