* The Garden Route is one of nine Best Coastal Drives in the world, selected by CNN Traveler, and described as follows: ‘Drive along the #GardenRoute @GoToSouthAfrica absolutely stunning!” —@SuryaSadisivan’ . Other coastal drives on the list includes the Atlantic Ocean Road in Norway, the Amalfi Drive in Italy, the Road to Key West in Florida, and Sea-to-Sky Highway in Vancouver.
* Horst Frehse, Executive Director of the Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa, was honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the recent Red Carnation Hotel Collection Staff Appreciation Awards held in London. Frehse was recognised for his ‘accomplishments, passion and dedication to the South African hotel industry‘. James Basson of Bushman’s Kloof was recognised as General Manager of the Year. The hotel company won second place in the UK Sunday Times ‘Top 100 Companies to work for in 2015’.
* Chef Petrus Madutlela has been invited to judge Season 3 of Ultimate Braai Master, taking the road for the two-month filming journey. He was also a judge for the reality TV show last year. Originally from our country, he now works as an award-winning chef in the UK.
* Hermanus FynArts will be focusing on chefs as part of its program of Art, Wines, and other delights from 5 – 16 June. An Italian themed pop-up kitchen will be set up at the Windsor Hotel, with Chefs Davide Ostuni from Puglia Cheese, Peter Tempelhoff from The Greenhouse, Chad Blows from The Marine, and Woolworths Innovation Chef Dave Caras preparing Italian dishes. Other food demos will be done by Eat Out Top 20 restaurant judge Garth Stroebel, Creation chef Warrick Taylor, adventurer David Grier, La Pentola Chef Shane Sauvage, Chef Marianna from Marianna’s, and more.
* The May One&Only Cape Town Guest Speaker Series dates are 17 May (addressed by Born Free Foundation President Will Travers OBE – his parents starred in the movie ‘Born Free‘), and 20 May (addressed by Chris Fallows, world-renowned photographer, with a particular interest in Great White Sharks). The cost of R295 includes a Buffet dinner at Reuben’s. (received via media release from Manley Communications)