Last Thursday I attended the #JWCodeBlack promotional event for Johnnie Walker, having received the invitation from Thandeka Nkosi of Khanya PR & Media Solutions, on behalf of its Client Diageo. It is one of the bizarrest events that I have ever attended. Continue reading →
It was the first time that I attended a Wade Bales event last night, when it hosted a hugely successful Whisky & Gin Affair 2017 event, weighted to Whisky. My friend Llewellyn Lambert and I attended a Whisky Master Class, and learnt a great deal about how to taste a Whisky correctly. Continue reading →
I was invited to attend the launch of the newly opened Harrington’s Cocktail Lounge, in the Cape Town city centre, previously Assembly night club, last night. I love its Art Deco decor. Continue reading →
On Thursday evening Llewellyn Lambert and I attended the media launch of the HQ World Class Cocktail Menu, the theme of the event being Wild West. We tried five of the six cocktails on the HQ cocktail menu, developed by Warren Cowdy, the HQ General Manager. Continue reading →
The WORLD CLASS Bartender of the Year Global Finals is currently underway in Cape Town, bringing the world’s top Bartenders and Mixologist professionals to our city. It is the largest and most prestigious global Mixology event.
The largest number of female Bartender Finalists is competing for the title of the WORLD CLASS Bartender of the Year competition, six of the 55 finalists from fifty countries being women, and having won the national best bartender title in their respective countries. The female finalists are Anna Walsh from Dublin, Ireland; Fernanda Tejada of Mexico City; Tess Posthumus from the Netherlands (left); Continue reading →
* Despite the Rand reaching its lowest level ever to the Pound, at just over R20, and weakening further against the Dollar, no positive impact of the exchange rate is visible in terms of tourism enquiries from the UK and the USA!
* SA Tourism CEO Thulani Nzimi has advised the tourism industry Continue reading →
* The Open Design Festival will run in Cape Town from 12 to 23 August at the Watershed in the V&A Waterfront and in the City Hall. With the theme ‘Design is for Tomorrow‘, the Festival consists of talks, workshops, tours, and interactive experiences. The focus is on how design adds value. More than a hundred events are on offer, most of them with free entrance.
The most controversial amendment proposal is raising the legal drinking age to 21 years , reports the Atlantic Sun. Even more onerous for retailers, and restaurant and bar owners, is the proposal that such establishments be held liable for damage which is done by their intoxicated customers! One Continue reading →
* London’s first underground farm Growing Underground has been created in a disused bunker from World War II, below the Northern Line at Clapham, reports The Daily Telegraph. The Farm will soon supply herbs to London restaurants, all grown without any impact on the environment.
* More capacity has been added to flights traveling to Cape Town in Continue reading →
* AirBnB is increasing in popularity, and becoming a greater threat to hotels, especially as it is accepting hotel room listings at its attractive 3% commission compared to the norm of 15-25%, and because the guests are verified, reports MarketWatch!
* Reports speculate that the Formula One could be held in Cape Town Continue reading →