* London’s first underground farm Growing Underground has been created in a disused bunker from World War II, below the Northern Line at Clapham, reports The Daily Telegraph. The Farm will soon supply herbs to London restaurants, all grown without any impact on the environment.
* More capacity has been added to flights traveling to Cape Town in summer. Lufthansa will fly between Cape Town and Munich daily, Qatar Airways will increase its number of flights, while Edelweiss will fly twice a week from 26 October to 25 March. Lufthansa will fly its Boeing 747-8 between Johannesburg and Frankfurt in summer, according to a media release issued by Cape Town Tourism.
* Consumer confidence in the second quarter of 2015 has declined to its lowest level in 14 years on the FNB/Bureau of Economic Research Consumer Confidence Index, reaching -15, reports Business Day. The increase in petrol and maize prices, increased tax, loadshedding, and decreased government spending have been cited as reasons.
* Bain Cape Mountain whisky, our country’s only premium 100% single grain whisky, is being launched in the USA this month by its master distiller Andy Watts. (Received via media release from De Kock Communications)
* Boschendal Chef Christiaan Campbell and Roger Jorgensen of Jorgensen Distillery will host a 3-course Food & Gin pairing dinner at The Werf Restaurant at Boschendal on 18 July. Cost is R 450. (Received via newsletter from Boschendal)