Tourism, Food, and Wine headlines
* Etihad Airways and SAA have agreed to codesharing on specific routes, and more are in the pipeline, reports Southern African Tourism Update.
* ‘Restaurant Confidential‘ is launching this week, a book giving a disturbing insight into the UK restaurant industry and which may apply to South Africa too. It is written by Imogen Edwards-Jones, who also wrote ‘Hotel Babylon’ and ‘Fashion Babylon’, exposing the insides of those industries.
* Shimmy Beach Club in the harbour of Cape Town has made it to 10th on cheapflights.co.uk World’s Top 10 Beach Bars, the only bar in Africa to make the list, reports The Drinks Business!
* South African wine exports to China have doubled in the past four years to 4 million litres, and Pinotage is particularly popular, pairing well with spicy Chinese foods, reports the Cape Times via Winetimes.
* Jordan Wine Estate is offering free informal wine tastings of its older vintages this month: 19 July – 21 July – Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2009; 26 July – 28 July – Jordan Merlot 2005, 2006, and 2010.
* A good analysis of the role of (wine) bloggers is written here.
Chris von Ulmenstein, Whale Cottage Portfolio: www.whalecottage.com Twitter: @WhaleCottage