Tourism, Food, and Wine news headlines
* The number one World 50 Best Restaurants, El Celler de Can Roca in Spain, is taking its ground-breaking cuisine on a world ‘Roca and Roll World Tour 2014‘ , with pop-up events in different countries, starting with Mexico, Columbia, and Peru. It is not known whether Cape Town is on their world tour itinerary.
* Former Cape Times editor Alide Dasnois will take her dismissal to the CCMA or Department of Labour.
* Constantia Glen has created a new Tasting Room, using the services of top decorator Graham Viney, who has created a ‘fusion of European and Cape design‘. The wine bar previously was the stables and cow byre. ‘The Arts and Crafts, Victorian and Cape Dutch idioms employed all combine to make a wonderfully stylish, contemporary venue, with ravishing vineyard and mountain views falling away to the north towards Kirstenbosch and rising steeply to the south to the Constantiaberg’, said Mr Viney. The Waibel family, owners of the wine estate, have displayed their collection of pottery by Hymie Rabinowitz, who used to create his works of art on the estate. A dining room for private functions has also been created. (received via media release from GC Communications)
* To follow in the footsteps of the late Nelson Mandela, a number of sites are recommended to be visited on an informal Nelson Mandela Route in Johannesburg.
* The organisation of the late Nelson Mandela’s memorial service at the FNB Stadium yesterday, and attended by world leaders as well as music, film, Continue reading →