The following restaurants are offering Valentine’s Day specials, and the list will be updated as we receive more information about Valentine’s Day offers:
* Franschhoek Kitchen, Holden Manz Wine Estate, Franschhoek: Picnic at R295 per couple, including bottle of Rosé; 3-course dinner with glass of Rosé R200 per person. Tel (021) 876-2729
* La Mouette in Sea Point: 4-course dinner R290, or R420 with wine. Tel (021)433-0856
* Café Chic, Breda Street, Gardens: 3-course dinner R225. Tel (021) 465-7218
* Allée Bleue, Franschhoek. 3-course dinner (set menu) and performance by Nianell, Sunday 13 February 18h00, R350 per person. Tel (021) 874-1886
* Cosecha, Noble Hill Wine Estate, Paarl: Valentine’s Day picnic for two costs R218 on 14 February. 3-course set menu on 13 and 14 February with bottle of Noble Hill Chardonnay, R168 per person. Tel (021) 874-3844.
* Brunia Wines, Stanford: 3 course dinner, dance and welcome glass of sparkling wine, R180 per person. 12 February. Tel 028 341-0432.
* Five Flies, Keerom Street: 3 courses and a glass of sparkling wine R250 per person. Tel (021) 424-4442.
* Warwick Wine Estate, Stellenbosch: Picnic basket for 2 plus bottle of Professor Black Sauvignon Blanc R 375 per couple. 13 and 14 February Tel (021) 884-3144
* Salmon Bar, Franschhoek: cocktail and 3-course meal plus Porcupine Ridge wine “gift pack”, 14 February. R 265 per person. Tel (021) 876-4591
* Pappa Grappa, Paarl: 4 course meal plus grappa and ‘mystery gift’, R 245 per person. Tel (021) 8633 555
* Laborie, Paarl: Picnic plus Casablanca movie screening 12/2 R400 per couple; “Phantom of the Opera” theme, rose, glass of Rosé, 4-course dinner 14/2 R 315. Tel (021) 807-3390
* Buitenverwachting, Constantia: 3-course dinner R295, 5 course R 375, includes glass of sparkling wine. Tel (021) 794-3522
* Catharina’s, Steenberg Hotel, Constantia: Seafood grill for two R1400; 5-course dinner R695 per person 14/2 Tel (021) 713-2222
* Grand Daddy Hotel Rooftop, Long Street: Picnic basket with romantic movie R190 per person, add R50 for bottle of Beyerskloof sparkling wine. Tel (021) 424-7247
* French Toast Wine & Tapas Bar: 7 Tapas and glass of Graham Beck Brut Rosé R470 per couple. 14 February. Tel (021) 422-3839
* Rick’s Café, Gardens: 1 course R125, 2 courses R150, 3 courses R175 + glass of Pongracz Rosé. Tel (021) 424-1100
* Cape Town Hotel School, Mouille Point: 3-course dinner R250 per person. Tel (021) 440-5736
* Trees Restaurant, Townhouse Hotel: Glass of Simonsig Kaapse Vonkel and 3-course meal R180 per person
* Rickety Bridge, Franschhoek: 3-course gourmet lunch, R200 per person. 13 February. Tel 083 377 4103
* The Square Restaurant, Vineyard Hotel: Glass of sparkling wine, red rose, 3-course dinner, departure gift R295. Dinner at Liesbeeck River R425 per person. Tel (021) 657-4500
* 1800 Degrees, Cape Royale Luxury Hotel: Glass of sparkling wine, amuse bouche, 3 courses R250 per person. 14 February. Tel (021) 430-0506.
* Cuvée Restaurant, Simonsig wine estate, Stellenbosch: Candlelit 3-course dinner outdoors, bottle of Simonsig Kaapse Vonkel, and box of chocolates. 14 February. R 350 per person. Tel (021) 888-4932
* Jordan Restaurant with George Jardine, Stellenbosch: 6-course Tasting Menu and ‘lots of bubbly’. R1200 per couple. 14 February. Tel (021) 881-3612
* Ken Forrester Vineyards, Stellenbosch: Glass of sparkling wines plus 3-course dinner R 295 per person. 14 February. Tel (021) 855-2374
* Morgenhof, Stellenbosch: “Under the Stars Dinner Concert” – glass of wine and port, 5-course dinner, live music R 295. 14 February. Tel (021) 889-5510
* Hartenberg, Stellenbosch: 3-course dinner, with wine paired per course. R280 per person. Tel (021) 865-2541
* Adega, Willowbridge: Glass of sparkling wine, 3-course meal, Don Pedro, R 275 per person. Tel (021 914-5091
* Planet Bar, Mount Nelson Hotel: 12 oysters and bottle of Pongracz Brut Rosé R 220. Tel (021) 483-1948
* Planet Restaurant, Mount Nelson Hotel: 4-course dinner R 395 per person. Tel (021) 483-1948
* Il Cappero, Barrack Street: Glass of bubbly plus 3-course dinner R 300 per couple. 12, 13, 14 February. Tel (021) 461-3168
* Cognito Restaurant, Stellenbosch: 3-course dinner R 160. Tel (021) 882-8696
* Glenwood wine estate, Franschhoek: Bring your own picnic, taste wine R30, wine and sweets R50, cheese platter R60, play boules. Sunday 13 February. Tel (021 876-2044
* Pure Restaurant, Hout Bay Manor: 4-course dinner R440. 14 February. Tel (021) 790-0116
* Cafe Max, De Waterkant: Glass of bubbly and 3-course dinner R 220 per person. 14 February. Tel (021) 425-5102.
* Bovlei Valley Retreat, Wellington: 4-course dinner R 200 per person. 14 February
* Diemersfontein, Wellington: Glass of bubbly, picnic basket and bottle of wine R R450 per couple, lunch and dinner, 14 February
* Krugmann’s Grill, V&A Waterfront: Glass of bubbly, 4 prawns, 200g steak and strawberry daiquiri R 95 per person. 14 February. Tel (021) 418-9393
* Blakes, Gardens: Masquerade theme evening – glass of bubbly, DJ, platters of tapas. R120 (webtickets.co.za) or R150 at door. Tel (021) 426-2369
* Pavilion at The Marine, Hermanus: 3-course dinner, glass of sparkling wine, 2 oysrters and ‘sweet treat’ R 320. 14 February. Tel (028) 313-1000.
* Seafood at The Marine, Hermanus: 3-course dinner, glass of sparkling wine, 2 oysters, ‘sweet treat’, R295. 14 February. Tel (028) 313-1000.
* Café Benedict, Franschhoek: Glass of Dieu Donné sparkling wine and 5 course dinner R 200 per person. 14 February. Tel (021) 876-4404
* Trinity, Bennett Street: 3-course dinner R300 per person. Tel (021) 418-0624
Chris von Ulmenstein, Whale Cottage Portfolio: www.whalecottage.com Twitter: @WhaleCottage