On Saturday morning I attended the launch of the innovative new Nuri Sushi Factory Breakfast Menu in Sea Point, invited by Brewz Krew MD Thabied Harris. The menu rolled out at the Sea Point branch yesterday.
The first taste of the Cape winter this weekend is likely to be felt by the restaurant industry, which will see hard times in the next two months, if close to zero accommodation bookings in the Cape are anything to go by. Other than Hermanus FynArts and the Wacky Wine Weekend kicking off next week, ‘Cook Franschhoek‘ running over the Youth Day long weekend, and the Bastille Festival weekend on 13 – 14 July, no significant events are planned to attract visitors to Cape Town and the Winelands. A number of restaurants are closing for an annual break in the next two months.
This list of restaurant openings and closings isupdated continuously, as we receive new information:
* The Crypt Jazz Restaurant has opened below St George’s Cathedral.
* Frères Bistro has opened next door to Col’Cacchio on Hans Strydom Continue reading →
A fantastic last half of April weather-wise has been a ‘second wind’ for Cape Town’s restaurants, delaying the closure of restaurants which will be inevitable in the long winter lying ahead. Already April has seen six restaurant closures. This list of restaurant openings and closings is updated continuously, as we receive new information:
* Frères Bistro has opened next door to Col’Cacchio on Hans Strydom Avenue in the city centre.
* Orphanage Cocktail Emporium is opening Orphanage Club upstairs, with 1920’s style music by live performers, later this year.
* Cavalli restaurant is said to open on the stud farm on R44, between Stellenbosch Continue reading →