In his State of the Nation address last week, President Jacob Zuma announced that SA Tourism will spend R100 million per annum to stimulate Domestic Tourism. Tourism Minister Derek Hanekom said that (more…)
Entries tagged with “SA Tourism”.
Friday 19th February 2016 - Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein
Wednesday 9th December 2015 - Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein
SA Tourism cannot wish for better marketing than having a movie made which predominantly features beautiful spots in our country, and not have to pay for its production! German movie ‘Der Geilste Tag‘ features award-winning actors, and launches in German cinemas (more…)
Monday 23rd November 2015 - Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein
The turnout at the Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa this afternoon, for the farewell tribute to its Executive Director Horst Frehse, was testament to his popularity and the respect in which he is held, it was clear to see by all who attended. He is one of two iconic hoteliers to retire this year.
‘Mr Frehse‘, as he has always been respectfully addressed by his (more…)
Thursday 12th November 2015 - Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein
SA Tourism must be delighted that Telegraph Travel is doing its marketing at no charge! What better publicity than to get an article with ’25 reasons to visit South Africa right now’ written for free!
Obviously the benefit of the weak Rand relative to the pound sterling (more…)
Monday 17th August 2015 - Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein
* Despite the Rand reaching its lowest level ever to the Pound, at just over R20, and weakening further against the Dollar, no positive impact of the exchange rate is visible in terms of tourism enquiries from the UK and the USA!
* SA Tourism CEO Thulani Nzimi has advised the tourism industry (more…)
Sunday 26th July 2015 - Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein
Saturday 18th July 2015 - Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein
Amnesty International has announced that it plans to display a large tapestry, to be called ‘Flying Madiba’, in honour of the late Nelson Mandela in the International Arrivals Hall at Cape Town International.
The tapestry is still being made by Atelier Pinton in Aubusson in France, and measures 6 x 3 meters, as a partnership between Amnesty International and Cape Town International, with the support of the Nelson Mandela Foundation. Celebrities Bono, John Legend, Peter Gabriel, Yoko Ono, and Sting (more…)
Thursday 4th June 2015 - Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein
* London has been named as the most visited tourist city by the MasterCard Global Destinations Cities Index, estimated to receive 19 million tourists this year. Bangkok follows in second place, with Paris, Istanbul, and Dubai making up the top five most visited cities.
* The Department of Tourism has been allocated a budget of R 1,8 billion for the next financial year. The target for international tourist arrivals is 12 million by 2018. Just under R1 billion will go to SA Tourism. Minister of Tourism Derek Hanekom announced (more…)
Thursday 30th April 2015 - Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein
* A new internationally recognised independent beer tasting competition for our country has been announced, organised by the same team that runs The South African Wine Tasting Championships. The South African National Beer Trophy will be awarded to winners in various categories, brands to be entered by breweries, micro-breweries, and home brewers. No ciders or meads can be entered. Entered beers will be blind tasted by a panel in July. Entries open on 1 June. (received via media release from the SA National Beer Trophy)
* In a joint bid by various bodies in Cape Town and Uganda, the World Conference on Tobacco or Health will take place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre in March 2018, with an expected attendance of 3000 (more…)
Wednesday 15th April 2015 - Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein
Africa Travel Week 2015 kicked off in the Cape Town International Convention Centre on Monday, and runs for the full week, attracting about 5000 delegates from around the world. The Africa Travel Week consists of three events.
On Monday International Luxury Travel Week commenced, 300 delegates welcomed to Cape Town and the Western Cape by provincial Minister of Tourism Alan Winde. He informed delegate that luxury travel is a growth (more…)