I was recently asked if I would be leaving the country on Day Zero, projected to be 16 April currently, something that had never crossed my mind! It appears that a large number of locals are making plans to leave Cape Town, and reside elsewhere in our country or internationally, where they will have access to water! Quite frankly, I wouldn’t miss Day Zero for anything, as Cape Town will be making world history in being the first city in the world to run out of water! Continue reading →
The first restaurants are sending out their Winter Specials information, summarised below. The list is updated continuously. We welcome information about new specials:
# Foxcroft, High Constantia, Constantia. Tel 202-3304. Three Tapas R195 Monday – Friday, 4-courses reduced to R295. Bottomless Steenberg Bubbly at R195 when eating either of two specials. From 15 May – 29 June. (Updated 30/5)
#. La Colombe, Silvermist Estate. Tel (021) 794-2390. Four courses for R395 Monday – Thursday until 31 August. R395. (Updated 15/6).
#. Umi in Camps Bay: 2 couc vv bvrse set menu R180, 3 courses R220. Fish & fries R110, Japanese pizza R75, Sirloin R120, Butternut soup R65, Half price sushi. Tel (021) 437-1802 (added 23/5)
# Pepenero in Mouille Point : 2 courses R180, 3 courses R220. Sirloin Tagliata R120, beer battered fish and chips R95, Seafood platter R155, red wine braised lamb shank R165, 6 fresh oysters R95, and spaghetti alle vongole R95. Daily. Tel (021) 439-9027 (added 23/5)
# Paranga in Camps Bay: 2 courses R250; 3 courses R300; Daily. Tel (021) 438-0404 (added 23/5)
#. The Bungalow in Clifton: 2 courses R200; 3 courses R240. Lamb curry R185, fillet pasta R135, Mussels R120, chicken schnitzel R95, Thai chicken curry R105, and braised lamb neck R165. Tel (021) 438-2018 (added 23/5)
# La Belle Bistro & Bakery, Camps Bay, The Alphen, Mouille Point: 2 courses R190, 3 courses R230. Tel (021) 437-1278/439-9036 (added 25/5)
# Dalliance, V & A Waterfront: 2 courses R190, 3 courses R230. Tel (021) 418-1037. (Added 25/5)
# Open Door, Constantia. Three courses Lunch or Dinner Tuesday – Friday. R295.. Tables of four or more receive a complimentary bottle of Constantia Uitsig Natura Vista.
#. Bistro Sixteen82, Steenberg: Five tapas to share for two R300 for tables of up to 10 persons, Monday – Sunday 17h00 – 20h00, until 30 September. Free coffee with any breakfast Monday – Friday except public holidays. Lunch Special: 2 courses from R185, 3 courses R215, 4 courses R245. Prices valid for tables of up to 10 persons. Until 29 September. Tel (021) 713-2211. (updated 18/5/16)
#. Catharina’s, Steenberg Hotel: 2 courses R165, 3 courses R195, Lunch Monday – Saturday. 3 course Dinner without wine R265, R295 with wine. Monday – Sunday, until 31 August. Tel (021) 713-7178. (added 25/5)
#. La Mouette, Regent Road, Sea Point : 4-courses and a carafe of wine R 295. Tuesday – Sunday dinner, Sunday lunch. From 8 June. Tel (021) 433-0856 (added 30/5)
# Harbour House, Constantia Nek and Kalk Bay: 2 courses R195 (R220 with a glass of wine), 3 course menu R215, or R240 with glass of wine, Mondays – Fridays, June. Tel (021) 795-0688/788-4133/418-4744 (updated 3/6)
# Harbour House, V & A Waterfront: 3 course menu R215, or R240 with glass of wine, Mondays – Thursdays. June. Tel (021) 795-0688/788-4133/418-4744 (Updated 3/6)
# Harbour House, Constantia: High Tea Petit R150; High Tea Sweet & Savoury R185; High Tea Deluxe R260. All include a Pot of Tea. The Deluxe High Tea costs R320 with a glass of bubbly added. Monday – Saturday 14h00 -17h00. Tel (021) 795-0688. (Added 23/5)
# Live Bait Muizenberg: Hake and calamari combo R205, Mondays to Thursdays. Tel (021) 788-2705. (Added 23/5).
# Grand Africa Café & Beach: 2 courses R195, 3 courses R255. June. Tel (021) 425-0551 (added 3/6)
# Mangata Restaurant, Simons Town: Mussel Madness Monday 2 main courses R195, Sunday Roast R 149 pp. Tel (021) 786-1635 (added 25/5)
# The Shortmarket Club, Shortmarket Str: 3 course Prix Fixe Menu R280, with carafe of wine added R 360. Lunch. Until 30 September. Tel (021) 447-2874 (added 25/5)
# Pot Luck Club, Biscuit Mill: ‘Lucky Lunch’ Japanese Kitchen Style Lunch Menu R250. Mo day – Friday Lunch. 30 May – 30 September. Tel (021) 447-0804.
# Shimmy Beach Club: Winter Menu, until end August. Tel (021) 200-7778. (added 25/5)
# Constantia Glen: Winter soups (goulash, butternut and sage, and French Onion) at R 90 per single serving, or R95 for smaller trio of soups. Wines from R50 per glass. Until 31 August. Tel (021) 795-5639 (added 26/5)
# Meloncino, V&A Waterfront: 50% off pizza, pasta, and cocktails. 11h00 – 19h00. 1 June – 31 August. Tel (021) 419-5558 (added 25/5)
#. City Grill, V&A Waterfront: 50% off all Gourmet Steaks and Burgers. 11h00 – 19h00. 1June – 31 August. Tel (021) 419-5558 (added 25/5)
#. The Greek Fisherman. Fisherman Seafood Platter R140, 50% off second platter. 11h00 – 19h00. 1 June – 31 August. Tel (021) 419-5558 (added 25/5)
#. Aubergine: 2 course Winter Bistro dinner, 3 courses, July – Awaiting Specials. Monday – Saturday evenings. Tel (021) 465-4909 (added 30/5)
# Cape Town Fish Market, Big Bay, V&A Waterfront, Canal Walk, Tyger Valley, Stellenbosch, Tokai, Grand West : 200g fish and chips, or burger with chips and onion rings, for R50 on Mondays; 50% off Sushi and 25% off sushi platters on Tuesdays; Granger Bay Seafood platter for two to share R199, and Fish Hoek Seafood platter R99 per person, on Wednesdays. Sushi platters from R89 on Thursdays. Complimentary prawn spring rolls with a bottle of Lord’s Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Noir. Family Feast R360 for four persons (R90 per head), with 4 hake fillets, 12 prawns, and deep-fried calamari. Tel 083 400 2005 (added 30/5)
# I ♥ my Laundry, Buitengracht Street/Buitenkant Street: 8 pieces of Dim Sum from R55. Daily 7h00 – 19h00. Tel 084 6600 777 (added 30/5)
# HQ, Buitengracht Street: Two for the price of one steak, chips and salad, on Mondays; #DateNight 2 steaks and 2 glasses R280 on Tuesdays; Half price tapas on Thursdays. Tel (021) 424-6373 (added 30/5)
# Reverie Social Table, Observatory: 5 courses and 6 wines Dinner R545 Monday – Saturday Dinner. June and August. Tel (021) 447-3219 (added 30/5)
# Mondiall, V & A Waterfront: 2 courses R185, 3 courses R225 Lunch and Dinner. Tel (021) 418-3003 (updated 31/5)
# Den Anker, Waterfront: Two Belgian beers on tap and two dishes (mussels, fish, or burger) R125 daily until 19h00. Tel (021) 419-0249. (Added 3/6).
# GreenVine Eatery, Silvermist, Constantia: Sunday Winter Roast R140. Farm Breakfast Monday R59. Suit Up Tuesday breakfast and Bottomless coffee R80. Wine Wednesday lunch with complimentary Silvermist Sauvignon Blanc with meal. Hot cakes Thursday with tea or coffee R40. Beer Friday with 500ml Stella Artois Draught and burger R99. Tel (021) 794-7601. (Updated 3/6)
# The 41, Camps Bay. 2 courses and complimentary drink R180, 3 courses and complimentary drink R220. Lunch and Dinner, until 31 August. 20 % off Breakfast Tuesday – Sunday 8h00 – 11h30. Tel (021) 437-0558 (updated 26/6)
# Massimo’s, Hout Bay. 15 % off total bill lunch Monday – Friday. Eat as much pasta, pizza, and green salad for R125 per person, for tables of 4 or more. Monday – Thursday. Tel (021) 790-5648. (Updated 8/6)
# Goloso, Sea Point: Pizza, pasta, or winter stew with a 500 ml Darling Brew Slow Beer R99. Early bird dinner discount – 2 pizzas or 2 pastas or 2 Winter stews and bottle of wine R250 Monday – Sunday 17h00 – 19h00. Until 30 September. Tel (021) 439-2144 (added 3/6)
# Stuzzico, Villa 47: 2 courses R160, 3 courses R210. With a bottle of Italian sparkling wine or 750 ml craft beer or bottle of Italian red or white wine R410 (2 courses)/R510 (3courses). Tel (021) 418-2740 (added 5/6)
# The Stack, Gardens: 2 courses R 195, 3 courses R235. Monday – Saturday lunch, Monday – Thursday dinner. Tel (021) 286-0187 (added 5/6)
# Cheyne’s, Hout Bay: 3 dishes R150. Tel (021) 790-3462 (added 5/6)
# Burger & Lobster: The All Rounder’ (70g B&L Slider, Half Lobster Roll, Lobster Bisque, Fries) R139, Monday – Saturday, Lunch & Dinner. Tel (021) 422-4297 (Added 8/6)
# Mitico, Kloof Street: Any pizza or pasta plus glass of wine R75. Monday – Thursday, 12h00 – 16h00. Tel (021) 422-2260 (added 9/6)
# Primal Eatery: Two 35-day aged 300g sirloin steaks, with onion and chips, a bottle of KW Foothills Shiraz or Sauvignon Blanc, and sharing warm apple crumble with smoked cinnamon ice cream R450 per couple. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Tel (021) 422-3232. (Added 15/6)
# Greenhouse, The Cellars-Hohenhort, Constantia: 4 courses R395 Friday and Saturday Lunch. 7 courses R750 Tuesday – Thursday Dinner. Tel (021) 795-6226. (Added 20/6)
# The Quarterdeck, Grandwest. Prawns R250 on Wednesday evenings. Dinner & Dance Saturday evenings R250. Until 31 July. Tel (021) 505-7220. (Added 30/6)
# Mynt, Camps Bay: Fillet Special with 2 fillet steaks, 2 sauces, 2 sides, 2 glasses of house wine R350 Monday to Sunday; two for one cocktail Monday – Sunday 17h00 – 19h00; two for one burger and pasta Monday – Friday all day and night. Tel (021) 473-1765 (added 7/7)
# Seelan Restauarant & Bar, V&A Waterfront: Sunday Buffet 5 starters, 5 main courses, 4 desserts R300. Tel (021) 421-4906 (added 9/7)
# Cabrón Taco Bar, Bree Street : Two for one Tacos, daily until 16h00. Tel 0844 703 533 ( added 26/7)
# Arcade, Bree Street: Two pizzas for price of one 12h00 – 20h00; two burgers for price of one, Wednesdays 12h00 – 20h00; two Pizza and/or Burger for price of one Thursdays 12h00 – 20h00. Tel 060 861 0511 (added 26/7).
# Royale Eatery: Classic Cheese Burger, Vegetable Cheese Burger, Falafel Salad bowl, chicken salad, 2-topping pizza, for R50, Citizen Patriot beer 440ml R22, 12h00 – 17h00, until 1 October. Tel (021) 422-4536 (added 26/7).
# Clarkes Bar and Diner, Bree Street: Two for one cheeseburger, or beetroot and Aubergine burger for price of one between 18h00 – 19h00 on Tuesdays. Tel (021) 424-7648 (added 26/7)
# Mini & Trout, Bree Street: Curry night R99 on Tuesdays. Tel (021) 426-2534 (added 26/7).
#. Haute Cabriere: 300g steak with a glass of Haute Cabriere Pinot Noir R175, with Creme Brûlée R225 Tel (021) 876-3688 (added 30/5)
# Leeu Estates: 15% off with Leeu Collection Loyalty Card. Tel (021) 492-2220 (added 30/5)
# Leeu House: 15% off with Leeu Collection Loyalty Card. Tel (021) 492-2221 (added 30/5)
#. Tuk Tuk Microbrewery: 15% off with Leeu Collection Loyalty Card. Tel (021) 492-2207 (added 30/5)
# Marigold Authentic Indian: 15% off with Leeu Collection Loyalty Card. Tel (021) 876-8970
# The Garden Room at Le Quartier Français: 15% off with Leeu Collection Loyalty Card. Tel (021) 876-2151.
# La Petite Ferme: Wine and Food Experience 8 June, 6 July, 3 August. Dinner showcasing four wines, one La Petite Ferme, two other local, and one international, 3-course dinner R 750. Tel (021) 876-3016.
# Dutch East: Grilled sirloin R135, on Fridays. Tel (021) 876-3547 (added 20/6)
#. FABER, Avondale, Paarl: 3 courses R250, Wednesday – Sunday Lunch, Thursday to Saturday Dinner, until 30 September. Tel (021) 202-1219.(Updated 20/6)
# eat@Simonsvlei, Paarl: Cape Malay chicken curry, Cape Brandy tart and whipped cream p,us glass of Simonsvlei Bukettraube R145. June – September. Tel (021) 863-3845. (Added 3/6)
# Oude Wellington Restaurant: ‘Kerrie Tafel’ three curries with rices, and sambals R150 per person. Wednesday Dinner. Until 27 September. Tel 082 836 8924.
#. Terroir, Kleine Zalze: Tuesday – Sunday Lunch, Tuesday – Saturday Dinner. Two courses with glass of Kleine Zalze Vineyard Selection wine R295, four courses R395/R495 without/with wine. Until 30 September. Tel (021) 880-8167 (added 15/5)
# Makaron, Majeka House: Small plates of 4/5/6 courses for R450/R565/675. If paired with wines the cost is R770/R940/R1100. Thursday – Tuesday Dinner. Tel (021) 880-1549. (added 25/5)
# Delheim: Jazz and Cheese Fondue plus glass of Glühwein and live jazz R 230, Sundays from 25 June until 27 August. Tel (021) 888-4607 (added 30/5)
# Cucina Di Giovanni, Eikendal Vineyards: Winter Mini Pizza (three) and Wine Pairing R60. Tuesdays – Sundays, until 30 June, and 1 August – 30 September. Tel (021) 855-1422. (added 20/6)
# Eikendal Vineyards: Winter Pizza & Wine Pairing Experience, mini pizza and matching estate wine R60. Tuesdays – Sundays, 12h00 – 16h00 from 1 August to 30 September. Tel (021) 855-1422. (Added 26/7) ‘
# Benguela on Main: 2 courses R240, 3 courses R310. Tuesday – Saturday Dinner, Lunch Friday and Saturday. From 2 June – 30 September. Tel 087 357 0637 (added 25/5)
# Henri’s Restaurant & Pub: 2 courses R 220, 3 courses R250, inclusive of a bottle of Lourensford River Garden wine per coup,e, or two glasses per single guest. Monday – Saturday Lunch and Dinner, and Sunday Lunch. Tel (021) 852-6442 (added 31/5)
# Benguela Cove Restaurant: 3 courses, glass of wine, and glass of Glühwein R450 per person. Tel 087 357 0637 (added 30/5)
# Origins Restaurant, The Marine Hotel: Winter Curry with almond and coriander rice, Pippa don, chutney and raita. R160. Lunch and Dinner. Until 30 June. Tel (028) 313-1000 (added 20/6)
* Gabriëlskloof Restaurant, Bot River: 2-courses R210, 3-courses R250 Wednesday – Monday. Sharing Sundays 3 courses R300 per person. Until 31 August. Tel (028) 284-9865 (added 31/5)
* SeaFood at The Plettenberg: Await Specials information. Tel (044) 533-2030
Closed for winter break
# The Kitchen at Maison: closed until 4 July (added 30/5)
# Indochine, Delaire Graff: closed until 24 June (added 30/5)
# Camphors at Vergelegen: Closed until 14 June (added 30/5)
# Reverie Social Table: 1 – 30 June (added 30/5)
# La Colombe: Winter break 9 – 30 June (updated 2/6).
# Osteria Tarantino closed 10 – 25 June (added 8/10)
# Waterkloof Restaurant: Closed from 19 June – 19 July (added 30/5)
# Haute Cabrière: Closed from 26 June – 7 August (added 30/5)
# FABER, Avondale, Paarl: 22 -30 May, 26 June – 11 July. (Added 25/5)
# Makaron, Majeka House: closed 25 June – 29 July (added 20/6)
# Pot Luck Club, Old Biscuit Mill: 26 June – 9 July (added 25/5)
# Spier Hotel Restaurant & Bar: 1 July – 15 September. (Added 19/6)
# Terroir: 3 – 25 July. (Added 25/5)
# The Dining Room: closed 7 -19 July (added 8/6)
# Bistro Sixteen82: 24 July – 10 August (added 25/5)
# Primal Eatery: 1 – 15 August (added 6/7)
#. Karoux in McGregor: 11 – 13 August (added 25/5)
# Benguela on Main, Somerset West: 13 August – 13 September. (Added 25/5)
# SOURCE restaurant in Hermanus not offering Dinner in winter. (Added 20/6)
Please send Winter Specials information to email@example.com, to be added to this list.
Please note: This list belongs to us, and permission must be requested to copy or post it elsewhere, with acknowledgement to our WhaleTales Blog. We wish you wonderful Winter eating and enjoyment.
Chris von Ulmenstein, WhaleTales Blog: www.chrisvonulmenstein.com/blog Tel +27 082 55 11 323 Twitter:@Ulmenstein Facebook: click here Instagram: @Chris_Ulmenstein
Haute Cabrière in Franschhoek has announced a new Sunday Feast treat, a new winter Menu, and pop-up dinners in Johannesburg, Pretoria, and Durban in July. Continue reading →
Last week a group of ten writers was invited to experience the recently upgraded Upstairs Deck, upstairs of the Harbour House restaurant in the V & A Waterfront. It specializes in small plate dishes, served in a generous size. It was a picture perfect day, the Upstairs Deck overlooking the yachts and boats which take tourists out to sea. Continue reading →
Traveller24 has compared accommodation prices in Cape Town and Johannesburg for hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, as well as Airbnb, and found that Johannesburg generally offers more affordable accommodation. Continue reading →
Whilst it is good news that the Western Cape province and the City of Cape Town have workshopped the perennial Winter Seasonality problem in Cape Town and the Western Cape with industry players, one wonders if once again it is too little too late, discussing Seasonality at the tail end of Winter! The outcome of the workshop has been a promise that all stakeholders ‘have committed to working together to address the negative impact that Seasonality has on the industry’, a Cape Town Tourism media release states!
Cape Town Mayor Patricia de Lille said at the workshop: ‘We live in a global village and if we want to be a world-class city then we need to stop being complacent and only enjoying the benefits of tourism in our summer months. If we can re-position Cape Town as an all-year destination by leveraging Events and Business tourism, our incoming flight numbers, income generated from the tourism industry and jobs in tourism will improve significantly’.
At the workshop it was agreed that a ‘collective strategy and framework involving all parties in the tourism field‘ is Continue reading →
Last week a group of writers was invited to try the new Winter Menu at Shimmy Beach Club, on a beautiful sunny day. The impact of GM Clayton Howard is visible, compared to my last visit to Shimmy about a year ago, when it was in a sad state, Clayton giving the Club new energy, a chic character, and introducing a vastly improved menu.
We were told that the owners of Shimmy Beach Club also own other properties, including Bloemendal in Durbanville, and we were served their Waterlily wines for the lunch. A small hotel is being established on the wine estate, and Shimmy Chef Adrian Cook also spends one day a week at Bloemendal, and its restaurant Bon Amis. Clayton told me that new staff is being sourced from the hotel sector, given the growing Continue reading →
* The Daily Mail journalist Gary Edwards visited Cape Town just at the beginning of December, to tie in with the launch of the movie ‘Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom‘, his first visit in 10 years. He found that little has changed in Cape Town, although the exchange rate was not as favourable as when he visited in 2003, despite being attractive now. He praises the sunshine, and highlights his experiences of visiting Table Mountain, Cape Point, Bungalow in Clifton, Cellars-Hohenhort, the Twelve Apostles Hotel, the V&A Waterfront, the Coffeebean Route, Robben Island, and other ‘Seven Wonders of Cape Town‘, a name he made up. He gives the beach at Camps Bay a mention too, but uses a photograph of Clifton!
* OR Thambo airport was the largest port of entry into South Africa during December, and the airport, Beitbridge, Lebombo, Maseru Bridge, Ficksburg, and Oshoek had more persons crossing the border than arrived at Cape Town International airport. International arrivals were from the UK, the USA, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, France, India, China, Nigeria, Sweden, and Canada. In total there were 4 million border crossings, roughly half entering and leaving the country.
We used Google Analytics to identify the top ten blogposts on our WhaleTales Blog in 2013. The most read blogposts related to restaurants, MasterChef SA Season 2, and Social Media drama. The top 10 most read blogposts in 2013 were the following:
1. Autumn and Winter Cape Town and Winelands Restaurant Specials 2013 tops the list of most read, achieving almost three times as many unique readers compared to the other top 10 blogposts. In winter restaurant specials are extremely important to Capetonians, as their wallets and purses are more bare.
2. The year started off with a Social Media explosion, when ‘Mother Superior’ Blogger Jane-Anne Hobbs attacked us on Twitter, protecting her ‘chicks’ Michael copy-and-paste Oliver, mommy Tweeter and then occasional CEO of Cape Town Tourism Mariette du Toit-Helmbold, former political poor-spelling-grammar ‘PR’ and Communications Consultant Skye Grove at Cape Town Tourism, and Eat Out editor Abigail I-love-Giorgio-and-Luke Donnelly. We retaliated with a blogpost (‘New Year kicks off with Twitter bullying, bashing, and blackmail’) which attracted so much attention that Hobbs must have regretted her Tweet, as all ‘sins’ of the four ‘chicks’ were laid bare! Continue reading →
We are delighted that many restaurants in Cape Town and the Winelands have seen the benefit of offering specials, and have done so since last winter, many running through summer too. The winter specials for Cape Town and Winelands restaurants follow below, and will be updated continuously:
* Pure at Hout Bay Manor: 3-course dinner for R195, includes 2 glasses of Groote Post wine, 10 May – end June. Closed July. Tel (021) 790-0116.
* Pepenero in Mouille Point : sirloin and chips R79, seafood platter R 129, 1 kg prawn platter R99, oysters R9 each, sushi platter R109. Half price sushi all day. From 9 May. Tel (021) 439-9027
* Sinn’s Restaurant at Wembley Square: lunch (6 options) at R50. 3-course dinner with glass of wine R150. Sunday Buffet – 2 courses plus coffee R120, 3 courses plus coffee R150. Winter. Tel (021) 465-0967
* Theo’s on Beach Road, Mouille Point: oysters R6 each, 1 kg prawns R99, line fish R79, for lunch and dinner. 300 gram sirloin steak, spatchcock chicken peri peri, 500 gram spare ribs all R79 for lunch only. Full sushi platter R99, half platter R50. Winter. Tel (021) 439-3494.
* Sevruga in the V&A Waterfront: half price sushi Monday – Saturday 12 – 6 pm; 25 % off sushi Sunday 12 – 2pm, 50 % off Sunday 2 – 6 pm, 3-course menu R160, daily, lunch and dinner; 2-course lunch R120. 3-course lunch and dinner R160. End September. Tel (021) 421-5134
* Myoga at Vineyard Hotel, Newlands: 7 course dinner, with 5 choices per course, for R195, Mondays – Saturdays, throughout winter. Tel (021) 657-4545
* Beluga, The Foundry, Green Point: 1 kg Prawns R99; 50 % off sushi and cocktails all day Sunday, and from 12h00 – 19h00 weekdays. 2-course lunch R120; 3-course lunch and dinner R160. End September. Tel (021) 418-2948.
* 221 Waterfront: 3-course meal at R135 on Wednesdays. Dine & Cruise package: 1,5 hour cruise, 2 glasses sparkling wine, 3-course meal R370; Lunch & Cruise package: 1 hour cruise and meal R210. Winter. Tel (021) 418-3633
* The Lookout Deck, Hout Bay: Seafood Platter with line fish, mussels, calamari and prawns R65. Until 31 August. Tel (021) 790-0900
* La Mouette, Regent Road, Sea Point (photograph above): Tasting Menu (items change monthly) 6 courses R240 for 2 persons, Tuesday – Sunday dinner, Friday and Saturday lunch. Winter. Tel (021) 433-0856
* Bertha’s in Simonstown: 1 kg Queen prawns cost R99 each, Calamari, mussel, chips, BBQ chicken and wing platter R99, 600g ribs plus 500ml Windhoek draught R99. Winter. Tel (021) 786-2138
* Aubergine: 2-course lunch R184, 3-course lunch R235. 2-course dinner R200, 3-course dinner R275. Wednesdays – Fridays except public holidays. Winter. Tel (021) 465-4909
* Ferryman’s Tavern, V&A Waterfront: Combo-specials R100 (linefish + calamari), R85 (sirloin + calamari), R99 (pork rib + chicken wings), Mussel hotpot R75. Winter. Sunday Hot Pot Buffet Eat as much as you like R120, Sundays, until end August. Tel (021) 419-7748
* Hildebrand: 2 courses R99, 3 courses R130 if eat before 19h00; Winter. Tel (021) 425-3385
* Leaf Restaurant and Bar: 50 % off sushi all day, Dimsum 30 % off, Burgers R50 – R65. Winter. Tel (021) 418-4500
* Blowfish in Blouberg: Breakfast specials: egg and bacon sandwich R19, Three Cheese and Mushroom omelette R25, Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs R25; Lunch specials of Surf ‘n Turf, Rack of Ribs, Thai Chicken Curry, and Mussel and Chorizo Chowder at R49 Monday – Saturday 12h00 – 17h00; Dinner specials: seafood platter, slow roasted lamb shank, oxtail stew, and seafood curry R99, Monday – Saturday 17h00 onwards. Winter. Tel (021) 556-5464
* Vanilla, Cape Quarter: 1/2 price sushi 12h00 – 18h00, half-price cocktails 4 – 6 pm. Winter. Tel (021) 421-1391
* Knife restaurant, Century City: Bagel R35; Salad R45; Rib, meatball, chicken wing and chip platter R60, all specials include a beer/glass of wine/colddrink and coffee. Lunch special, 12h00 – 15h00, Mondays – Fridays. Winter. Tel (021) 551-5000
* Saul’s Sushi @ Vegas, Sea Point: 30 piece sushi platter R99 – Wednesdays and Thursdays; two for the price of one – Sundays. Winter. Tel 087 151 4595
* Bhandaris Indian Restaurant: Buffet R99 Wednesday dinner and Sunday lunch and dinner. 30 % off for pensioners on Tuesdays. Lowest value meal for free if buy bottle of wine or two drinks for a pre-booked table of up to 10, on Monday evenings; Lamb R79, Chicken R69, Fish R85 – Tuesday – Sundays. Winter. Tel (021) 702-2975/Tel (021) 782-1525.
* Zorba’s, Lagoon Beach Hotel, Lagoon Beach Drive, Milnerton: Seafood and meat platter for two plus two glasses of Hartenberg wine R199 19 August – 19 September. Tel (021) 528-2093
* Trees Restaurant, Townhouse Hotel, Cape Town: Casserole or steak with starch of day and glass of wine R105. Winter. Tel (021) 465-7050
* Down South Food Bar, 267 Long Street: Rib & Prawn Platter including a side and sauces R75. Winter. Tel (021) 422-1155.
* Il Cappero, Barrack Street: Daily lunch main course special at R40. Three month Winter Special Card, costs R 140 for 11 starters, 11 main courses and 11 desserts, at 50 % off the menu price. Monday – Friday. May – July. Tel 461-3168
* Cape Town Fish Market: “All you can eat Breakfast Buffet” R 60, Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays; Seafood lunch buffet R125, Sundays and public holidays. Winter. Tel (021) 418-5977
* Trinity, Bennett Street: “All you can eat” Dim Sum R135. Two-for-price-of-one burgers Wednesdays. Pizza R50 until 7 pm daily. Seafood platter R100 on Thursday. “All you can eat” ribs Mondays R99. Two for the price of one sushi and Dim Sum Monday – Saturday 12h00 – 20h00. Pizza R50 Monday – Saturday 12h00 – 19h00. Winter. Tel (021) 418-0624
* French Toast, Bree Street: Bruschetta tapas free Monday – Saturdays, 5 – 7 pm. All wines costing R 400 or less half price on Mondays. 2-course lunch consisting of soup and choice of two tapas plus glass of wine or cup of coffee R89, Monday – Friday 12h00 – 16h00. Winter. Tel (021) 422-3839.
* Cru Café Restaurant & Wine Bar, Cape Quarter: Scrambled egg and salmon breakfast for 2 plus bottomless cup of coffee R 78, Weekdays; 2 gourmet burgers with onion rings, French fries and Stella Artois beer R120 weekday lunch; Comfort food (Bobotie or Bredie) for two for R119, including 2 glasses of wine, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. T-bone steak (350g) for two at R150, Friday and Saturday evenings. Until September. Tel (021) 418-6334
* Krugmann’s Grill, V&A Waterfront: 250 g rump or sirloin R45, 19 – 21 August; 250g rump and starch R59, daily. Winter. Tel (021) 418-9393
* The Square, Vineyard Hotel, Newlands: ‘Tastes of 2011’ focuses on different theme every month, from April – September. British menu change weekly, 2 courses R140 or 3 courses R170. Dinner only, Monday – Sunday. Tel ()21) 657-4500
* Dunes, Hout Bay : Sunday buffet with smoked salmon, oysters and cooked breakfast R100. Current. Tel (021) 790-1876
* Arnold’s on Kloof, 60 Kloof Street, Gardens: Jack Black stew (type of stew changes throughout winter) for two plus bottle of Altydgedacht R99. Tel (021) 424-4344. Throughout winter.
* Five Flies, One free main course for every main course ordered. Until end August. Tel (021) 424-4442
* Balducci’s, V&A Waterfront: Alfresco Lunch specials – soup and salad R89, fish R89, calamari R89, seafood platter for two R245, Steak Roll and chips R85, Steak and chips R99, Burgers R55 – R75, Glass of wine R27, bottle R99. daily 12h00 – 16h00. Tel (021) 421-6002
* Harbour House, Kalk Bay: 2-courses R140, 3-courses R160. Excludes Sundays. September. Tel (021) 788-4133
* Live Bait, Kalk Bay: Seafood platter R65. Sunday – Thursday evenings, and Monday – Friday lunch. September. Tel (021) 788-5755
* Polana, Kalk Bay: Mozambique-style prawns, Algarve salad and chips. R50, Sunday – Thursday dinner and Saturday lunch. September. Tel (021) 788-7162
* Massimo’s Pizza Club, Hout Bay: “Order any 2 adult take away (pizza, pasta salad)” to a minimum value of R100, and get an &Union beer, Darling Brew beer or a 500ml bottle of Bob’s Your Uncle wine for free, all day Wednesdays and Thursdays, Fridays until 17h00. Lunch offer – Free glass of house wine or beer when ordering main course, Wednesday – Friday, 12h00 – 16h00. Until August Tel (021) 790-5648.
* Codfather, Camps Bay: half-price sushi 12h00 – 18h00, daily. Winter. Tel (021) 438-0782
* Caffe Milano, Kloof Street: Lunch specials – Rump on a baguette R70; Pizza with pomodoro sauce, mozzarella and basil, R 70. Winter. Tuesday – Sunday. Tel (021)426-5566.
* Black Marlin, Simonstown: 2-course meal R115, 3-course R140 includes glass of wine. Until July. Tel (021) 786-1621
* Savoy Cabbage: 2-course R175, 3-course R195 includes glass of wine . Until end August. Tel (021) 424-2626.
* Bayside Café: for every main course, get another lesser-priced main course. Lunch Monday – Friday, Sunday – Thursday. Until October. Tel (021) 438-2650.
* Mamma Mia Restaurant, Steenberg: 2-courses R150, 3-courses R175. Until August. Tel (021) 701-8585
* Café Chameleon, Plattekloof: lunch pizza minus 10%, until August. Tel (021) 911-1025.
* Cape Town Fish Market, “All you can eat Breakfast Buffet” R60, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays; Seafood buffet lunch R125, Sundays and public holidays. Winter. Tel (021) 554-5962.
* Tobago Restaurant, Radisson Blu, Granger Bay: two main courses for price of one, Monday – Saturdays. Until 30 September. Tel (021) 441-3414
* La Bruixa, Sea Point: Seafood paella for two for R260, includes a salad. Lunch 12h00 – 15h00. Until June. Tel (021) 434-8797
* Sinatra’s, Pepper Club Hotel, Loop Street: Glass of bubbly and 6 oysters for R 60. Fridays from 16h00. Until December. Tel (021) 812-8826
* Chai yo, Canal Walk: Buy two main meals and get lesser priced one free. Winter. Monday – Sunday. Tel (021) 555-0620.
* La Boheme, Sea Point: 2-courses R95, 3-courses R115. Throughout 2011. Tel (021) 434-8797.
* Food Barn, Noordhoek: 3-courses with 2 glasses of Steenberg wine R165, 4-courses with 3 glasses of Steenberg wine R185, 5-courses with 4 glasses of Steenberg wine R215. Lunch daily. Wednesday – Saturday dinner, May – October. Tel (021) 789-1390
* What’s On Eatery, Watson Str: 2 course dinner at R 99, includes a glass of wine. Breakfast weekdays R25. Lunch R39, menu changes daily, on weekdays, R5 extra for glass of wine or milkshake, every 7th lunch is free with What’s On Loyalty Card. 11 May – October. Tel (021) 422-5652
* Nobu, One&Only Cape Town, Cape Town: 5-course R299, May – August. Tel (021) 431-4511.
* The Kove, Camps Bay: 2-courses R 120, 3-courses R150. Rump steak R79, Fillet R99, Grilled Norwegian Salmon R99, Peri Peri baby chicken R90, Line fish R90, Seafood platter R165, Gourmet Burger R60. Winter. Tel (021) 438-0004
* The Greenhouse, Cellars-Hohenhort Hotel, Constantia: 6-course meal with wines from Klein Constantia R295. Tuesday – Friday. Until September. Tel (021) 794-2137
* Dear Me, Longmarket Street: 25 % off standard price of 3-course (R240) or 5-course (R350) dinner. Thursdays. From 19 May until July. Tel (021) 422-4920
* Zenzero, Camps Bay: 2-courses R150, 3-courses R180. Parmesam lamb R99, Veal Saltimbocca R89, Beef & Reef R 120, Gnocchi Ragu R69, Pancetta and pea risotto R79, Canneloni R69, and Kingklip R99. Winter. Tel (021) 438-0007
* The Round House, Camps Bay: 7-course lunch and dinner R240, or R460 paired with wine. Winter. Tel (021) 438-4347
* Planet Restaurant, Mount Nelson Hotel: 4-course Vegan Journey menu R300, 4-course The Journey menu R220, 6-course The Journey menu R300. Winter. Tel (021) 483-1000.
* Brio 1893: 3-course dinner R165. Monday – Thursday. Closing down 12 August. Tel (021) 422-0654
* GOLD Restaurant: Winter special R200 + 10 % service fee. June – September. Tel (021) 421-4653
* Salt Restaurant, Ambassador Hotel: 2 courses R120 amd 3 courses R140. Receive a voucher for a free bottle of Hartenberg wine for the next visit if order two 3-course meals. Until 31 August. Tel (021) 439-7258
* Tuscany Beach, Camps Bay: 50 % off partner’s main course, Dinner, daily; 25 % off Sushi, 12h00 – 18h00, daily. Winter. Tel (021) 438-1213.
* 1800 Degrees, Cape Royale Luxury Hotel: Hot and cold Tapas and jazz, with a bottle of Diemersfontein wine per couple R195 per person, Sundays, 12h00 – 15h00. 100 gram sirloin, 100 gram rump and 100 gram rib eye steaks R99 plus one sauce and jacket potato. Winter. Tel (021) 430-0511.
* St Elmo’s: 2 large regular pizzas R99,90, 2 medium regular pizzas R69,90 Take-away, Daily. 2 Large pizzas R79,90 on Tuesdays; 1 Large pizza plus 400g rack of ribs and chips for R109,90, Take Away, daily; Small pizza plus 330ml Coke R24,90, Monday – Friday lunch. Winter. www.stelmos.co.za
* Café Delicieux, Welgemoed: 2-course dinner R125, 3-courses R155. Friday evenings. Winter. Tel (021) 913-1053
* Café Manhattan, 74 Waterkant Street and 247 Main Road, Three Anchor Bay: Burger and a glass of wine R45. Winter. Tel (021) 421-6666/Tel (021) 439-9666.
* Pigalle, Green Point: 3 course dinner and show R330 – R350, 8 June, 21 July, 10 August, 14 September. Tel (021) 421-4848
* Pepper Club on the Beach, Camps Bay: Seafood platter R149,95; Sirloin plus 3 prawns R 98,95; Prawn platter R98,95. Until 31 December. Tel (021) 438-3174
* Mint, Taj Hotel: 3 courses plus a glass of Ken Forrester Chenin Blanc or Merlot R185, Monday – Sundays, Until 30 September. Tel (021) 819-2000
* News Café, Green Point: English Breakfast R19, 7h00 – 9h00 Monday – Friday, 7h30 – 9h00 Saturday and Sunday, until 1 February 2012
* Long Street Café: Butter Chicken Curry and rice, R55, until 10 June, Monday – Sunday. tel (021) 424-2464
* Savour Restaurant, 15 on Orange: 3-course meal R180, Monday – Sunday, Until 31 August. Tel (021) 469-8037
* La Colombe, Constantia: Lunch – 3-courses R240, 3-courses plus wine R280, Monday – Saturday, until 30 November. Dinner – 5-courses R310, 5-courses plus wine R390, Monday – Saturday, until September. Closed 30 May – 20 June.
* Catharina’s, Steenberg Hotel: 2-course lunch R165, 3-course lunch R195, 3-course dinner R215. Until 1 September. Tel (021) 713-2222
* The Grand Café and Beach Granger Bay: 2-courses R 125, 3-courses R150, Tuesday – Sunday. Winter. Tel (021) 425-0551
* Constantia Uitsig: 2-course lunch and dinner R190, 3-course lunch R220, 3-course dinner R250, Monday – Saturday. Until 30 September. Closed 4 – 26 July.
* Blues, Camps Bay: 2-courses R120, 3-courses R150, includes a glass of wine and cup of coffee. Monday – Sunday. Until 1 September.
* River Café, Constantia: 3-courses and carafe of wine R180, lunch, Monday – Saturday. Until 30 September. Tel (021) 794-3010. Closed 10 – 30 August.
* La Cuccina, Hout Bay: Homemade meal for two plus bottle of wine R100. Monday – Saturday. Until 30 December.
* Mugged on Roeland: All you can eat Pizza R80, Friday evenings. Until 30 December. Tel 084 5894 665
* Chapman’s Peak Hotel, Hout Bay: Free bottle of Elements wine plus 2 Amarula Crème Brulee with two meat main courses ordered; 1 kg prawns R99; Soup R35; Malay Lamb Curry R89; Mussel Mexicana R69; Winter Platter R99. Monday – Saturday lunch and dinner. Until 30 September. Tel (021) 790-1036
* Rick’s Café Américain, Park Road: Tapas or Mezze Platter plus 1/2 litre house wine R105; 1/2 litre Paulaner, Erdinger and Valentins beer R 30, 5 – 7 pm; Lunch specials from R39; and more specials on drinks. Winter. Tel (021) 424-1100
* Barocca, Camps Bay Club: 2 for the price of one burgers Tuesday evenings; Pasta and a glass of wine R50 Thursday evenings. From 5 pm. Winter. Tel (021) 438-1992
* Seaforth Restaurant, Simonstown: Deep fried prawns R90 Tuesdays; hake and chips R38 Wednesdays; Eat as much calamari as you like R49 Thursdays; Steak and calamari R78 Fridays; Eat as much as you like pork spare ribs R88 Saturdays. From 6 pm. June. Tel (021) 786-4810
* Pizzeria Villagio, Howard Centre, Pinelands: Free glass of Teddy Hall wine with home-made pasta on Tuesdays. Winter. Tel (021) 531-4473.
* delish, Hout Bay: Cooked breakfast R35; Soup and ciabatta R30, Monday – Friday lunch; Tagines, ragouts and curries plus glass of wine or beer R75, from 12h00, daily. Winter. Tel (021) 790-5324
* Café Sofia, Sea Point, Kloof Street, Camps Bay and Green Point: Buy 2 main courses and get one free, from 17h00, daily. Winter.
* Saul’s Taverna, Sea Point: 2-course meal and cocktails for two R140. Winter. Tel 087 151 4592
* Adega, Sea Point: Lamb shank R69, Feijoada R89, 1kg King Prawns R95. Winter. Tel (021) 434-3029
* La Grotto, Plumstead: 300g rump steak R89. Winter. Tel (021) 797-8420.
* Wangthai, V&A Waterfront, Constantia, Lagoon Beach, Somerset West: Free glass of Durbanville Hills wine with Curry Festival meal. Winter. Tel (021) 421-8702/(021) 794-0022/(021) 551-9254/(021) 855-0112.
* Addis in Cape Ethiopian Restaurant, 41 Church Street: 2-course set menu R130. Tel (021) 424-5722. Winter
* Ocean Basket, Western Cape: Oysters R8 each, until 15 July.
* Azure Restaurant, Twelve Apostles Hotel, Camps Bay: 4-courses R370, 5-courses R495, wine flight prices R50 – R135, until October. Tel (021) 437-9000
* Diva Pizza, Buitenkant Street: 2 large margherita pizzas with choice of two toppings R85 on Tuesday and Saturday evenings. Until 31 August. Tel (021) 461-0013
* Harveys, Winchester Mansions, Sea Point: 2-course lunch R130, 3-course lunch R160; 2-course dinner R150, 3-course dinner R 180. Monday – Sunday. Winter. Tel (021) 434-2351.
* Savour, 15 on Orange Hotel: Sunday Lunch Buffet plus ‘never-ending supply of Methodé Cap Classique’ R265. Winter. Tel (021) 469-8000
* Karibu, V&A Waterfront: 220g rump, Malay chicken, calamari, and bobotie R49. Monday – Sunday lunch, Sunday – Wednesday dinner. Until 31 August. Tel (021) 421-7005.
* Hussar Grill, Green Point and Camps Bay: 2-courses R99, no corkage. Winter. Tel (021) 433-2081/(021) 438-0151
* Tokyo Restaurant & Sushi Bar: Buy one get one free daily; Sushi Buffet Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturday evenings R110. Winter. Tel (021) 424-5108.
* Allee Bleue, outside Franschhoek: choice of three 250g steaks at R115, including a glass of estate wine, current. 3-course lunch R 100, and R150 with wines paired. Chicken and Prawn Potjie with Roti and glass of Allee Bleue Isabeau or Shiraz R85. Lunch, Wednesday – Sunday. Until end September. Chicnic picnics daily (weather depending), R145 per person. Summer Tel (021) 874-1021
* Ryan’s Kitchen at Rusthof, Franschhoek: 3-course dinner R195; 6 course Taste of Africa dinner R295. Winter. Closed 27 June – 14 July. Tel (021) 876-4598.
* Reuben’s, Franschhoek: 2-course lunch and dinner R 220, 3-courses R268, 4-courses R315. Current. Tel (021) 876-3772
* Allora in Franschhoek: 3-course Sunday lunch R100. Winter. Tel (021) 876-4375.
* L’ermitage, Franschhoek: 1-course R93, 2-courses R125, 3-courses R175, and glass of wine with each option. Lunch. Winter. Tel (021) 876-9200
* French Connection, Franschhoek: 2-courses R95, 3-courses R125. Winter. Tel (021) 876-4056
* Grande Provence Jonkershuis, Franschhoek: 4-course lunch and dinner, minimum 8 guests, R200. Monday – Saturday dinner, Monday – Sunday lunch. Closed 18 – 31 July. Until 30 September. Tel (021) 876-8600
* Mon Plaisir @Chamonix, Franschhoek: 2-courses R 170, 3-courses R199. Winter. Tuesday – Sunday lunch, Wednesday – Saturday dinner. Tel (021) 876-2393.
* Monneaux Restaurant, Franschhoek Country House: Cape Malay Curry R95, Wednesday evenings; Firecracker Menu – 2 courses R145, 3 courses R175, all nights. Winter. Tel (021) 876-3386
* Salmon Bar, Franschhoek: 3-course dinner plus glass of Porcupine Ridge R150, Fridays and Saturdays. Winter. Tel (021) 876-4591.
* Mange Tout, Mont Rochelle Hotel, Franschhoek: 2-courses plus glass of wine R150, 3-courses plus glass of wine R190, Winter Brunch Buffet plus glass of bubbly R150. Winter. Tel (021) 876-3000.
* Fyndraai, Solms Delta, Franschoek. 2-course Sunday Lunch Buffet R125. Tel (021) 874-3937.
* Laborie Restaurant in Paarl: 5 food portions each paired with wine R395. Winter. Tel (021) 807-3095
* Freedom Hill: 10 % off discount with Loyalty Card. Closed July and August. Winter. Tel (021) 867-0963
* Bosman’s, Grande Roche, Paarl: 2-courses R120, 3-courses R155. Monday – Sunday lunch. Until April (except 20 December – 10 January). Tel (021) 863-5100.
* Olivello, Klapmuts, outside Stellenbosch: 2-course meal R115, 3-course meal R135 plus glass of wine. Winter. Tel (021) 875-5443
* 96 Winery Road, Stellenbosch: 3-course lunch and dinner from a la carte menu (with a few surcharges), with glass of Ken Forrester Chenin Blanc or Petit Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot, R180, Winter; 4-course Chocolate dinner in conjunction with Lindt Chocolate Studio. R300. 15 June. Tel (021) 842-2020
* Warwick, Stellenbosch: Tapas menu range R15 – R45 per dish. Winter. Tel (021) 884-4410
* Dornier Bodega, Stellenbosch: Meat-free Mondays, Comfort Tuesdays, Pasta Wednesdays, Soup Thursdays, Fish Fridays, all R79, lunch, May – September, Tel (021) 880-0557
* Towerbosch Restaurant, Knorhoek Wine Estate, Stellenbosch: Soup & Bredie Menu with soup and bredie R90, Wednesdays – Saturdays; Asado Argentian-style braai on Sundays R165. May – August. Tel (021) 865-2958
* Tokara Restaurant, Stellenbosch: Chef’s Menu – 3 courses and amuse bouche and palate cleanser R225. From 10 May, during winter. Tel (021) 885-2550
* Jordan Restaurant with George Jardine, Stellenbosch: 1-course meal with glass of wine R95; 4-course meal with 2 glasses of wine R 225. Tuesday – Saturday lunch, Thursday and Friday dinners. From 10 May in winter. Tel (021) 881-3612
* Terroir, Kleine Zalze estate: 2-courses R170, 3-courses R195. Includes glass of Kleine Zalze wine. May – September. Monday – Saturday lunch and dinner, Sunday lunch. Closed 1 – 11 July. Tel (021) 880-8167
* Restaurant Christophe, Stellenbosch: 4-course dinner R150 Tuesday – Saturday. Inexpensive Bistro lunches Tuesday – Friday. Closed down 24 June. Tel (021) 886-8763
* Overture, Stellenbosch: 2-course meal R 160. Winter, but closed in July. Tel (021) 880-2721
* Wild Peacock Food Emporium, 32 Piet Retief Str, Stellenbosch: 3-course dinner and glass of wine R140. Wednesday evenings. Winter. Tel (021) 887-7585
* Delaire Graff, Helshoogte Pass, Stellenbosch : 3-course Organic Tasting Menu with 2 glasses of wine R295, Monday – Friday lunch, Wednesday – Friday dinner. Winter. Tel (021) 886-8160
* Johan’s at Longridge, Stellenbosch: 2-course lunch plus glass of wine R150. Friday – Tuesday lunch (closed Wednesdays and Thursdays). Winter. Tel (021) 855-2004.
* Delheim, Knorhoek Road, Stellenbosch: 3-course Mushroom Week mushroom menu R120 for 3 courses and 3 glasses of Delheim wine. Until 10 July. Tel (021) 888-4607
* Waterkloof, Somerset West: Receive a R100 voucher off for a meal in June, for meals in May. Tel (021) 858-1491
* Season in Hermanus: Sunday lunch roast from R65; Afval plus soup and glass of wine R65 on Wednesday for lunch or dinner; Lowest priced of two steaks ordered on Friday evenings is free. August. Tel (028) 316-2854
* The Class Room, Hermanus: 3-course Sunday lunch R130. Winter. Tel (028) 316-3582
* Rossi’s Italian Restaurant, Hermanus: Half price pizza and pasta Mondays; free bottle of house wine for table of 2 or more on Wednesdays; Children under 4 eat free on Thursdays. Winter. Tel (028) 312-2848
* Mediterrea, Hermanus: 50 % off all main courses, Sunday – Thursdays. Until 31 August. Tel (028) 313-1685
* Joe’s Restaurant, Stanford: Abalone Buffet (abalone fritters, sausage, scotch eggs, burgers, curry, samoosas, and lasagne) R95, daily lunch. Winter. Tel (028) 3410 662
* Nguni – Friday dinner special R50. Every Friday. Winter. Tel (044) 533-6710
POSTSCRIPT 5/5: TV presenter Liezel van der Westhuizen has praised her Restaurant Special meal at Blowfish as follows: “Thank you for your HotWinter specials on your site, tried out the lunch special at BlowFish, it was good value for money xoxo”
Chris von Ulmenstein, Whale Cottage Portfolio: www.whalecottage.com Twitter: @WhaleCottage
Copyright: Whale Cottage Portfolio