* The Royal baby boy Prince George Alexander Louis Cambridge could be worth $1 billion, according to eTurboNews.
* Burgundy has been hit by a severe storm with hail and rain, with 75% of some vineyards destroyed, reports Dr Vino’s blog.
* Two young Capetonians, Marthinus Botha and De Vos Meaker, have launched a ‘local is lekker’ brand Green Shebeen, attracting eco-conscious wine drinkers. The brand has been developed as a joint venture with Org de Rac Estate in the Swartland, and is contemporary and hip, yet based on age-old organic farming methods, making it a premium organic wine that is accessible, fun and totally unpretentious. The brand has been launched with a Rosé and Chardonnay. (via Catalyst Communications).
* South African wines and rooibos tea will be sold on a trial basis by a supermarket group in Brazil, after a trip last week with the Department of Trade & Industry (DTI).
* Economic pressures and technological advances are influencing how South African consumers shop, reports BMI!
* Heathrow has reduced the increase in its passenger charges for 2014 – 2019 by one percentage point, relative to its proposed 5,9% increase!
* ‘The Inconvenient Customer’ by Mike Abel, MD of M&C Saatchi Abel makes for interesting reading for all marketers!
Chris von Ulmenstein, Whale Cottage Portfolio: www.whalecottage.com Twitter: @WhaleCottage