* Actor and comedian Russell Brand is making a second attempt to visit our country, after having previously been denied entry when his passport did not have the required number of empty pages, reports the Weekend Argus. He will perform at Grandwest on 3 October.
* Facebook has opened its first office in Africa, located in Johannesburg, reports pctech Magazine. The continent already has 120 million users, which grew by 20% in the past nine months. The Social Media company said: ‘…with more than a billion people in Africa, we want to do more to help people and businesses connect‘! Initial priority countries are Kenya, Nigeria, and South Africa.
* Street Food Festival 2015 will be held at Side Street Studios in Woodstock all day and evening on 26 July, with a Food Entrepreneur Conference and Dinner running alongside it too, reports What’s on in Cape Town.
* Chef Gordon Ramsay is to open a fourth branch of his Bread Street Kitchen, in Atlantis The Palm in Dubai, alongside other branches in Singapore, London,and Hong Kong. The restaurant brings the total number of restaurants at Atlantis The Palm to 23, reports The Drinks Business.
* Restaurateur Justin Anthony is to open two new South African restaurants in Atlanta, reports AJC.com. Cape Dutch is inspired by the homestead of winemaker Ken Forrester, after visiting the Winelands. The Biltong Bar will offer biltong, pies, cheeses, and charcuterie, with South African wines and cocktails.