* The price of petrol could drop by 69 – 72 cents per liter on 3 December, the Automobile Association has forecast. The declining international oil prices will benefit motorists. ‘Petroleum prices have dropped by more than ten percent over the past 15 days and the exchange rate has weakened only slightly in the same period‘.
* The organisers of World Design Capital (WDC) 2014 have condemned the vandalisation with graffiti of the ‘Perceptions’ Ray-Ban glasses sculpture on the Sea Point Promenade. The art work has generated a huge debate about its suitability in its perceived commercialisation, by promoting the glasses brand. The organisers said: ‘As WDC 2014, we condone creativity and condemn in the strictest sense, lawlessness. It is a sad day when public debate is substituted with vandalism‘.
* KWV is hosting ‘Brandy Sensations‘, a ‘long table dinner‘ to be held at the KWV Sensorium art gallery in Paarl tomorrow. Kokkedoor chef Mynhardt Joubert has designed a 4- course menu, paired with 10, 12, 15, and 20 year old KWV brandies. Master distiller Lourens Stander will talk about how brandy is made. Cost is R300. (received via media release from Tincan PR)
* The Franschhoek Kitchen at Holden Manz is hosting a Winemakers’ Dinner on 27 November, the 4-course dinner to be paired with wines from Holden Manz, Spier, and Rustenberg. The cost is R395. (received via e-mail from Holden Manz)
* ‘Mom & Me’ is a 3-generation show by Judy Page, Kim Kallie, and Sarah-Paige, which will be performed at Delaire Graff Restaurant on 5 and 6 December. The cost of the 3-course dinner paired with Delaire Graff wines and the show is R 950. (received via e-mail from Waterford Communications)