I could not think it possible that the Eat Out Awards 2018 could be so refreshingly different, but it appears that new Head Judge Margot Janse has created a fresh new look at the restaurant judging criteria. Many of our top old-guard chefs took a severe beating at the Awards last night! Continue reading →
The R20 million Waterfront solar project is at an early stage, and reflects the commitment by the country’s most popular tourist Continue reading →
* SAB Miller is looking to open up the image of beer from just being a sportlovers’ drink to one that is enjoyed by women, and can be served paired with foods. They are looking to coffee marketing, which has seen a ‘one-dimensional drink‘ transformed into a multi-faceted beverage. The company owns world beer brands such as Peroni, Grolsch, Coors Light, and Miller.
* Concern is being expressed about the viability of eleven new hotels which are planned to be built in Cape Town in the next four years, adding another 2000 rooms of 3-star quality in the main. Seven of the hotels are planned to be built within a 10 km radius of the Cape Town International Convention Centre. Cape Town has about 11700 hotel rooms currently. The new hotel openings could further worsen winter seasonality in the city!
* Our top 10 WhaleTales blogposts, based on unique readership for October, were the following:
* There are more than 20000 food blogs, and more blogs are devoted to food than to any other topic!
* SAA has announced the wines it will be serving on board its flights Continue reading →