* The inflation rate has dropped to 5,3%, leading economists to speculate that the interest rate will remain unchanged or may even drop when the Reserve Bank meets next week. Inflation is expected to decrease further when the petrol price drops by an estimated R1 per litre in February, to as low as 3,3% by April.
* SAA has received a guarantee of a further R6,5 billion from the government, to allow its auditors to publish its financial results.
* The One&Only Cape Town is offering a new Wedding Concierge service, including ‘one-of-a-kind wedding proposals‘. Wedding planner Adele Bennett offers the service to One&Only Cape Town guests, with the experience of 2500 weddings organised to date. (received via media release from Manley Communications)
* Avondale wines and Azure Restaurant at the Twelve Apostles are matched for a Food & Wine Pairing on 30 January, Executive Chef Christo Pretorius offering a vegetarian menu, paired with organic certified naturally-made Avondale wines, presented by Jonathan Grieve. The 5-course dinner costs R545. (received via FIVESTARPR)
* La Motte is hosting harvest activities. From Tuesday (27/1) to Fridays during the harvest one can join their Day-time Harvest Tour and Tasting, taken on a tour through the vineyards, tasting the grapes, taken on a cellar tour, tasting from the fermentation tank, and then tasting the wines in the tasting room, paired with traditional Cape Dutch foods, at a cost of R80. The Tour, Taste and Talk the Harvest Evening will be held on 19 February, a special edition of its Harvest Tasting. La Motte viticulturist Pietie le Roux will guide guests through the vineyards, sharing the ways of the vine, and explain biologic and sustainable farming. La Motte winemaker Edmund Terblanche leads a cellar tour, introducing the pressing process, and will lead a tasting of the La Motte Classic as well as Pierneef wine collections. Food historian Hetta van Deventer-Terblanche will treat guests to harvest-inspired bites, and share the history of recipes with grapes and must. Cost R80. (received via media release from Amplicon Public Relations)