* Air France and kulula.com have created a codeshare agreement, allowing passengers to connect with Air France from a number of domestic airports in checking in their luggage, and doing their own one-stop check-ins. Premium Air France passengers will be able to use the SLOW Lounges at Cape Town, Durban, and Johannesburg airports.
* In a bid to protect the rhinos in the Kruger National Park from poaching, it is offering for sale groups of 20 white rhinos or more. In the past year 1000 rhinos were poached, the rhinos in the Kruger Park being the main target.
* Michael Bublè is coming back to Cape Town on 19 March, but his concert will be held one night only, and at the Cape Town Stadium for the first time. As only one concert night has been made available, as many tickets as possible must be sold, to meet demand from fans, and to cover higher costs due to the poor exchange rate. The Stadium will be reconfigured, tickets only being sold for the south end of the Stadium, guaranteeing good seats for all.
* Franschhoek has a number of mini-events this month: Franschhoek Art in Clay runs from 25 October – 30 November, and is a World Design Capital 2014 approved project, with exhibits at La Motte, Ebony, Grande Provence, IS Art, The Gallery in The Yard, and more; the Marriott Classic Music Festival will be held over the weekend of 24 – 26 October, and is run by Christopher Duigan, with artists from overseas; Franschhoek Open Gardens will be held over the weekend of 31 October – 2 November, ten of the village’s most beautiful gardens opening to the public. (received via media release from Smart Communications and Events)
* Spier is hosting another ‘Burgers and Blends‘ event on 1 November, with winemaker Johan Jordaan leading participants through his wine blending secrets, and will encourage them to blend their own Spier Creative Block 3. Spier’s Eight restaurant will offer a Farmer Angus Beef Burger, served with Gorgonzola, and a plum and pink peppercorn chutney. Cost is R175. (received via e-mail from Spier Wine Farm)